BY LISA ELLISON
Renew, a six-week ladies’s holistic well being occasion held twice a 12 months in Morgantown, returns Tueday to Kingdom Evangelical Methodist Church, 540 Fairmont Highway, Westover.
The Renew retreat will host women and girls by way of Nov. 21, with a special speaker every week.
Classes shall be 6:30-8 p.m. every Tuesday.
Denise Tonkin is the founder and facilitator of Renew, a program of The Method, by way of The Supply Basis.
Though registration has closed for this fall retreat, Tonkin, invitations extra registrants.
She could also be reached at denisemt[email protected], and by textual content or name to 304-612-8860.
One other retreat shall be within the spring.
Tonkin holds a number of credentials, together with LPC, MBA, ALPS, and CMHIMP. She was born in northern Canada, however moved to West Virginia as a baby. Tonkin grew “a passionate love for the mountains,” she stated.
She has a bachelor’s in psychology, and continued with a grasp’s diploma in counseling. She grew to become a licensed skilled counselor (LPC) in two years, earlier than including a grasp’s in enterprise administration (MBA) in 2012.
Tonkin has served the group for greater than 20 years in numerous capacities. These efforts have included faith-based companies similar to preaching and discipleship for Canadian missions, disaster work, medical administration, navy work and a number of program developments within the native space, she defined.
In 2015, she was moved to “go away the company area and open her personal observe,” Tonkin stated. She grew to become a licensing supervisor for newly graduated therapists in 2016. She then started to deal with medical counseling and biblical discipleship for women and girls and continues this as we speak. Tonkin described a “deep longing to empower women and girls to see how lovely and actually liked they’re — discovering therapeutic and freedom to thrive.”
She has targeted companies on the “entire self’ since 2020.After a few years of not feeling her greatest, she pursued “pure medication.” The outcomes had been so profound in her personal life that she pursued this professionally and have become a licensed integrative medication supplier for psychological well being.
She lives in her “home within the woods” together with her husband and daughter.
Renew goals to empower ladies inside their God-given id first, then in the direction of a lifetime of wellness, group and thriving to allow them to fulfill their distinctive function, she stated.
“Women and girls of all ages are welcome to attend the retreat with Renew. We now have seen ladies of all walks of life as part of Renew, wherever from ages 10 and up. The biggest a part of the inhabitants might be round age 21-50,” she stated.
What started in 2021 with 35 attendees is now internet hosting greater than 275 for the retreat, and she or he stated, “we hope to proceed to see it develop. We now have seen a gradual upward progress with no definitive distinction in spring/fall registration numbers.”
The scheduled audio system are:
- Week 1: Stephanie Solomon
- Week 2: Marion Moreland
- Week 3: Lesley Cain
- Week 4: Jadyn Davis
- Week 5: Natalie Bailey
- Week 6: Tonkin
Tonkin described every speaker:
- Solomon “is a strong girl of God who has a deep want to see ladies discover their id in God, and be let out from the burdens and bondage of life. Her coronary heart for others shines by way of in every single place that she goes.”
- Moreland “is an extremely expert licensed counselor and religious director who has been within the discipline for a few years. She directs retreats throughout the nation and has shared the stage with nationally identified audio system. She wishes to see ladies join inside themselves and helps them discover the braveness to search out pleasure, once more.”
- Cain is “a refreshing, lovely and profitable medical supplier and senior officer for WV Caring, Hospice and Palliative Care who encourages ladies each day to be who they’re in Christ. Cain embraces life because it comes and trusts in God first, to dwell from a spot of pleasure and peace.”
- Davis is a senior nursing pupil at WVU and Tonkin stated, “Davis is a strong girl of God who wishes to assist others develop into free and actually thrive in their very own lives. Her effervescent spirit and love for others shines by way of dynamically each day.”
- Bailey is “a high, nationally identified health and well being coach. She loves the Lord and she or he loves folks. She goals to assist others attain true breakthroughs of their lives and fulfill their desires and calling.
Tonkin and the opposite audio system need to “intertwine holistic wellness with Christian religion as a result of we consider God is the middle of all that we do. He’s our creator, our breath and finally, He’s our function. As we search to be entire in our wellness, we will then genuinely fulfill the distinctive function God has positioned for every of our lives.”